How Journaling can Improve Self-esteem and Decrease Self Doubt: With 20 self-reflecting journal prompts and free journal printable.
Journaling can be a very helpful with many mental health issues especially low self-esteem and rampant self-doubt. Have you ever been extremely anxious, angry, sad, frustrated, and once you spoke to someone, or wrote it down, you felt better? Just being able to express yourself is very important for happiness. Journaling is a fantastic way to express yourself.
Expressing yourself can be a huge self-esteem booster. Why? Because holding your emotions, opinions, and fears in gives power to others around you. You let fear of what others think about what you do and what you say, control you. This often can cause very self-deprecating self-talk. Expressing yourself, your opinions, your fears, and your emotions helps release this fear.
Journaling is also a fantastic way to cope with depression.
Simply, writing down your emotions, stress, anxiety, or fears can help you work through the feelings and can help you understand them more clearly.
To help you get started journaling to help you cope with these emotions here are 20 self-reflecting prompts.
1. Write a list of what you’re grateful for
2. What are your strengths
3. What are your weaknesses
4. How have you changed in the last five years
5. Do you consider how you’ve changed for the better or worse
6. Write a letter to your teenage self
7. If you could run away where would you go?
8. Reflect on the happiest moment in your life? Why were you happy?
9. What is your most treasured possession and why?
10. What is your inner most fear?
11. What is your favorite photo of yourself and why?
12. What inspires you?
13. What is your guilty pleasure?
14. Write about the last time you cried
15. Write about the last time you yelled or felt like yelling.
16. What excites you about your future?
17. What physical characteristics are you most self-conscious about?
18. What is your biggest pet peeve?
19. If you had a theme song what would it be?
20. How often do you feel like you do tasks for praise?
I’ve created some journaling printable templates for you subscribe here.