Safety should be your primary concern every Halloween. It is amazing to have a fun holiday everyone loves, dress up, go trick or treating, celebrate with friends and family. Having the kids get into the spirit and enjoy the holiday as well. Focusing on safety while out trick or treating, visiting different events, and celebrating, here are some great tips.
Trick or Treating
COVID-19 and Health Safety
- Stay home if sick
- Wash your hands as soon as you return home
- Do not hand out candy if you are sick
- Cross streets at corners, crosswalks, and using traffic signals
- Teach children to make eye contact with drivers before crossing in front of them
- Wear or add to Halloween costume reflective clothing or tape.
- Carry a flashlight so seen in the dark
- Map out your route before leaving the house and notify loved ones what time you plan to return
- Remind kids about the steps involved in calling 9-1-1 or their local emergency contact
- Use face paint or makeup whenever possible instead of masks that obstruct vision
- Select a costume that fits well to prevent trips and falls
- Clothing and accessories should all be fire-resistant or flame-retardant
- Check every single treat to make sure it is sealed. Dispose of all torn packages, holes or open wrapping
- Don’t let young children consume any gum, peanuts, or hard candy, which may risk choking
There are also so many fun activities you can on Halloween without Trick-or-treating.
- Paint or carve pumpkins
- Host a game night
- Hand out candy to trick-or-treaters
- Throw a costume fashion show
- Decorate Halloween-themed cookies and cupcakes
- Make s’mores
- Go to the movies
- Head to a haunted house, haunted forest or haunted hayride
Be safe and have a wonderful Halloween.
3 Reasons You Need to Celebrate Halloween This Year
8 Amazing DIY Halloween Costumes
10 Fall Pumpkin Crafts for Kids
8 Must Read Autumn Picture Books
These are some really helpful tips, especially the walk safety tips.
Awesome tips. Safety first!
Such great tips for everyone!
I love these ideas and will definitely do these things to put more smile on my kids face on this Halloween celebration.
These are all such great tips! The walking safety is so important and can be easily overlooked with all the excitement that comes with trick or treating.