Recently I came across this quote and it really resonated with me.
I have a few questions to ask you today.
How do you handle stress?
How do you handle the good times versus the bad times?
Do you let bad or unexpected events stop you?
I have this long-standing belief that we are defined, our personalities are defined, and our successes are defined by how we handle what comes across our plate. We all have our own journey and there are so many things that make each journey differ. Our religion or lack thereof, our political stance, our tastes in food, music, movies, where we live, the jobs we work, and the families we have.
The most important thing that makes our journey is how we handle each step along the way.
Our outlook is the key to our success in living through each bad circumstance. Many Christians believe that God would not give them something they could not handle. No matter if you’re Christian or not, think about that sentiment. It doesn’t truly matter if it’s true or not. When you say God would not give you something you could not handle you are instilling confidence in yourself. Confidence that you can handle this. You will survive and come out stronger. It is great to live in positivity and that is one thing Christians are able to do with that statement.
How can you remind yourself that you can handle what comes your way? Here are a few wonderful affirmations to say to yourself.
- By allowing myself to be happy, I inspire others to be happy as well.
- My heart is overflowing with joy.
- I expect to be successful in all my endeavors. Success is my natural state.
- Mistakes and setbacks are stepping stones to my success because I learn from them.
- I see fear as the fuel for my success and take bold action in spite of fear
- I feel powerful, capable, confident, energetic, and on top of the world.
- I live in the present and am confident of the future.
- I am self-reliant, creative and persistent in whatever I do.
- I approve of myself and love myself deeply and completely.
- I choose to be proud of myself.
So many more affirmations can be found here.
Take a look at how you think today. How can you change the negative and make it positive? How can you battle a negative situation and come out on top?